1. All WKYW contests are open to any/all WCPA listeners, unless otherwise specified by WCPA or its affiliates.
2. Only one winner or qualifier per family or household will be allowed in a 30 day period.
3. Winners must sign a release prior to receiving their prize.
4. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within 30 days of winning. WCPA-AM will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty days provided.
5. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
6. WCPA is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty day grace period.
7. All major prizes will be given away by WCPA. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
8. WCPA may substitute another prize of equal value, in the event of non-availability of an announced prize.
9. In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of WCPA is final. In the case of a contest that is held on facebook and the telephones line at the same time, WCPA will make the determination on which winner came first. This decision will be final.
10. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone contest, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. WCPA cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation. An example of “tied together” call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence or a party line.
11. Employees of WCPA, 7 Mountains Media, its advertising agencies, their affiliates, sponsors of the contest, representatives, and their families or households their employees are ineligible to enter/win.
12. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of WCPA. WCPA is not responsible for the failure or tardiness of prizes delivered via US Postal Service. Otherwise, prizes must be claimed in person, unless otherwise specified. Proper identification (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, military ID) required.
13. In certain “unique situations”, a designated representative will be allowed to accept prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including representative’s name, ID and a photocopy of the winner’s drivers license is required. WCPA will qualify what constitutes a “unique situation”.
14. WCPA is not responsible for defective prizes.
15. Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of WCPA, and may be enacted at any time.
16. Contests may or may not be open to all ages. If a winner is under the age of 18, a parent/legal guardian may be asked to claim the prize. WCPA may or may not force an underage winner to forfeit their prize if a guardian/parent cannot claim it for them. This decision will be made at the sole discretion of WCPA, and all decisions will be final.
17. WCPA, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any on or off-air contests staged by WCPA.
18. All contest entries become the property of WCPA. Furthermore,WCPA may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
19. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that WCPA has a right to publicize, or broadcast the winner’s name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein.
20. All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
21. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
22. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize. WKYW then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest
23. Sweepstakes/contests are open to U.S. residents only.
24. Basic contest rules and addenda are available for review during regular business hours at the WCPA offices, 801 E DuBois Ave, DuBois, PA, 15801
25. Any tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by WCPA and the results of the drawing are final.
26. The decision of WCPA is final. Winners will be notified by phone. Only one winner or qualifier per family or household every thirty (30) days.
27. WCPA may or may not have additional rules pertaining to certain contests throughout the year. These rules may be announced on-air, online, or on the WCPA Facebook page. We strongly encourage everyone participating in a station contest to seek out any and all additional rules. If at any time you have questions about a contest please e-mail the Program Director of WCPA at firstname.lastname@example.org. WCPA absolves itself of any and all liability if a contest participant has not fully researched the station/contest rules.
28. WCPA will not tolerate profanity, nudity, obscenities or anything that we deem to be offensive on our website, Facebook, or On-air. WCPA reserves the right to permanently ban anyone from any and all further contests if any of these rules are broken, WCPA will make any and all decisions pertaining to profanity, obscenities, nudity, or anything offensive in nature. The decisions on WCPA will be final.