Is hitting the pillow each night a stressful event for you? If so, The New York Times has compiled a list of five things you should consider buying that might help you fall-and stay-asleep. Here they are:
1. White noise machines. White noise machines are great because they block out all the noise that keeps you awake.
2. Earplugs. If you’d prefer to sleep in total silence, however, the right pair of earplugs will do the trick.
3. Sleep-tracking app. Getting hard data to back up or demolish your theories about your own sleep habits can be truly enlightening.
4. Better pillows. Find out if soft or firm pillows are better for your body.
5. Blackout shades and curtains. If light outside is keeping you up at night, this is a good investment.